Chopta Chandrashila Trek
Located deep in the heart of the Himalayas is where you will see this spectacular Valley of Flowers. It’s a beautiful meadow located at an altitude of 3,500 m with its diverse flora and fauna.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
A spectrum of colors
Valley of Flowers, as the name suggests is a dream like locale of God’s heavenly beauty.The valley is located in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district at an altitude of 3,858m.The valley is home of over 300 species of wild flowers. Saxifrags, sediams, lilies, poppy, calendular, daisies, geranium, zinnia and petunia, they blanket the valley everywhere. Blue, purple, pink, yellow, white flowers and many such spectrums of colors are at a display here. The valley’s natural beauty is further enhanced by the cascading waterfalls. The valley is also home for several species of butterflies and insects too.
The valley which generally remains covered with a thick blanket of snow lures everyone during July to September, as the flowers form a blanket and are blooming everywhere.
Trekking during this blooming season is enchanting, scintillating and magical.
Grade – Easy
Duration – 6 days
Max. Altitude – 15190ft
Total trekking – 45 kms approx.
Region – Garhwal, Uttarakhand
- Accommodation during the trek on twin/triple/quad as per the booking (Camp stay)
- Transport from Delhi to base village and return (Pick from Mayur Vihar Ext. Metro Station Gate no 2)
- All veg meals while on trek (Veg)
- Day 1 High Tea, Dinner
- Day 2 Breakfast/High Tea/ Dinner
- Day 3 Breakfast
- All necessary permits and entry fees
- Trek Guide for Tungnath – Chandrashila
P.S. Transportation changes from Delhi to Chopta and return will cost 3000 Extra.
Kindly contact us for group discount and customization.
- Any meals during transit
- 5% GST
- Personal Expenses ·
- Cost Escalation due to unforeseen reason
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
Drive from Delhi to chopta
On this day we depart from Delhi to Chopta by 10 pm. Pick up will be from Mayur Vihar Ext. Metro Gate Number Reporting time is 10 pm and we shall depart by 10.30 Overnight journey by reserved vehicle.
Arrive at Chopta by noon and check into the campsite. After rest and freshening up, one may explore the campsite and roam around the vicinity or may go for a nature walkChopta offers spectacular views of the high snow-clad mountains. Enjoy evening tea with refreshments at the camp.As the day comes to an end here we will retire for the day after having some mouthwatering local delicious dinner.Overnight stay in camp.
Trek from Chopta – Tungnath - Chandrashila Peak -Chopta
After having breakfast we shall proceed for the day long trek. The starting point of the trek is from Tungnath village.Tungnath is the highest of the Panch Kedars. A rock face above Tungnath temple is the Chandrashila summit. It is a short but rigorous hike to the peak. The Chandrashila summit offers the beautiful view of the Nanda Devi, Trishul, KedarPeak and Chaukhamba peaks.We’ll start descending our steps to Chopta and stay there overnight. Overnight stay in a campsite.
Trek to Deoriatal and drive to Delhi
Depart for Sari village which is the starting point of Deoriatal lake trek.When the first rays of the Sun strikes on the surface the lake it has the most stunning and picturesque views to offer.Trailing in this region is an unique experience as the forests in this vicinity changes their colour according to the variations in temperature.Today will be the last day in the Himalayas! With a heavy heart we bid a goodbye to the Himalayas.After spending some time at the lake, the group shall walk down to Sari Village and drive to Delhi.
Arrive in Delhi by the early morning and say goodbye to your trek mates.Chopta Chandrashila trek ends here.Explore the world of adventure and make your journey an unforgettable experience with loads of memories to cherish lifelong.
- Backpack with rain cover(40-60lts)
- Daypack/Knapsack – Optional
- Floaters or Sandals
- Trekking Shoes – Medium or High ankle length(Get a pair and “break-in” well in advance that you don’t face any sores/blisters once you are on mountains)
- 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants
- 3 Pair of sports Socks and 1 pair of woolen
- Woolen Gloves
- Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- Windproof Jacket
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf/Balclava
- Quick dry towel/Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt – good quality plastic bottle
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit –
- General medicines comprising of headache, fever, vomiting, stomach upset and pain killer
-Anti-inflammatory -Nurofen or diclofenac sodium
- Dark Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole
- CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries.
- Extra Polythene bags.
- Dry fruits/Energy bars
P.S You may use and share common kit for toiletries and medicines if travelling in a group