Valley of Flowers
Located deep in the heart of the Himalayas is where you will see this spectacular Valley of Flowers. It’s a beautiful meadow located at an altitude of 3,500 m with its diverse flora and fauna.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Large Group
A spectrum of colors
Valley of Flowers, as the name suggests is a dream like locale of God’s heavenly beauty.The valley is located in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district at an altitude of 3,858m.The valley is home of over 300 species of wild flowers. Saxifrags, sediams, lilies, poppy, calendular, daisies, geranium, zinnia and petunia, they blanket the valley everywhere. Blue, purple, pink, yellow, white flowers and many such spectrums of colors are at a display here. The valley’s natural beauty is further enhanced by the cascading waterfalls. The valley is also home for several species of butterflies and insects too.
The valley which generally remains covered with a thick blanket of snow lures everyone during July to September, as the flowers form a blanket and are blooming everywhere.
Trekking during this blooming season is enchanting, scintillating and magical.
Grade – Easy
Duration – 6 days
Max. Altitude – 15190ft
Total trekking – 45 kms approx.
Region – Garhwal, Uttarakhand
- Accommodation during trek on triple/quad (Guest House)
- All veg meals while on trek (Day 1 Dinner to Day 6 Breakfast)
- Transport from Haridwar to base village and return
- All necessary permits and entry fees
- First aid medical kit
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff
- Any meals during transit
- Personal expenses
- Cost Escalation due to unforeseen reason
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head
Drive from Haridwar to Govindghat(6300ft)
We begin the journey from Haridwar in a reserved jeep. No doubt, the panoramic view of the Himalayas are going to be enchanting for the next few days, but still you can have a last look at the plains of Rishikesh. We pass through the lush green mountains and deep down the slopes the Alaknanda river follows us all the way. We reach Joshimath by evening and halt for the night in a guest house and gear up for the next day.
Trek from Govindghat to Ghangaria(9600ft)
On a chilly morning we leave the comfort of Govindghat and we will begin our climb for Ghangaria. As we climb up, the river Lakshman Ganga, flows down below and comes closer to the level at which it flows. After steep climb, reaching Ghangaria feels like an achievement. After arrival at Ghangaria, explore the surroundings in the evening followed by dinner. Overnight stay in Ghangaria.
Trek from Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers(11500ft)
We start the trail and pass gently through a coniferous forest, before descending to a bridge, climbing up a rocky trail, with the forest behind us, the sight of the first flowers begin to appear. The valley is beautiful, and there are meadows of flowers as if it’s a dream locale. Himalayan Balsam, is the most predominant flower of the valley and a thick blanket of these flowers can be seen everywhere. After viewing the God’s natural beauty we start descending to Ghangaria. We spend the night in a guest house at Ghangaria.
Trek from Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib(15190ft)
Today’s climb to Hemkund Sahib is steep at places and will take about 3 – 4 hrs. Hemkund Sahib is a popular Sikh Shrine built next to the beautiful lake. The lake is surrounded by wild flowers with Brahmkamal being the most popular. Pilgrims take a dip in the freezing cold waters of the lake, not an easy task. The hot tea served in the Gurudwara (shrine) is divine to say the least. We will also visit the Laxmanmandir next to the Gurudwara. Towards late afternoon head back to Ghangria. Overnight stay in Guest house.
Trek from Ghangaria to Govindghat(6300ft)
Next day in the morning, we start our downhill trek, back to Govindghat. The climb down is much easier. From Govindghat, drive to Joshimath and check into the guest house for some deserved rest and relaxation.If you desire, you can tour Auli in the evening.
Drive from Govindghat to Haridwar
Leave Govindghat early for your return journey. Arrive at Haridwar by evening and say goodbye to your trek mates. Valley of flower trek ends here.
- Backpack with rain cover(40-60lts)
- Daypack/Knapsack – Optional
- Floaters or Sandals
- Trekking Shoes – Medium or High ankle length(Get a pair and “break-in” well in advance that you don’t face any sores/blisters once you are on mountains)
- 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants
- 3 Pair of sports Socks and 1 pair of woolen
- Woolen Gloves
- Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- Windproof Jacket
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf/Balclava
- Quick dry towel/Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt – good quality plastic bottle
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit –
- General medicines comprising of headache, fever, vomiting, stomach upset and pain killer
-Anti-inflammatory -Nurofen or diclofenac sodium
- Dark Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole
- CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries.
- Extra Polythene bags.
- Dry fruits/Energy bars
P.S You may use and share common kit for toiletries and medicines if travelling in a group